With the high level of craftsmanship, complex development, and sheer anticipation of receiving your boots, we are sure you want to know that your boots will last a long time. That’s why we offer a 12 month warranty on all craftsmanship and materials. So wear them out. Anywhere. Anytime. We want to make sure you’re happy and reassured that your boots will go anywhere you do.
Here are some answers to common questions about our materials and product.
- We only use the highest grade of leather in order to minimize blemishes, dye inconsistencies, and weaknesses. At times you may find surface scars on your boots, as that is the nature of organic materials. However, you can rest assured that they will never affect the look or integrity of your product. We simply work with the grain of the leather and your pattern to thoughtfully position the blemishes inside the underlap of your boots or hidden under design elements.
- All painted artwork is created with professional leather dye, antique paste, and/or specially formulated paint specifically for leather. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about color bleed out, flaking or peeling, or substandard quality. We do, however, highly recommend checking out our “How To Care for Your Boots” article in order to keep colors and details fresh and bright.
- Most of our product options are safe for all weather. You can wear them in the snow, rain, mud, and sunshine without fear that you’ll destroy them. Some exceptions include fur, beadwork, and cream colored moccasins. Again, check out our care page for more details.
- Our rubber soles are made by the highly acclaimed Vibram company. They offer many great tread patterns and levels of cushion for everyone, but we can recommend a few especially great options for your boots depending on your needs.
- A bit of care goes a long way. If you follow our care and design recommendations, you can be sure to have your boots for many years of wear. Anika has been making boots for over a decade and still sees some of her first pairs walking around in great condition. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions!
- We can stitch the bottoms of the boot in multiple ways, either similar to a turn shoe or on the outside like many boots. If you want your boots to be as comfortable as possible and easy to resole and have other repairs done more easily, we highly recommend an outside seam. It also lasts longer for most people, as it compensates for pronation, supination, hard striking, and collapsed arches.